Senior Design Researcher
- Portugal | Lisbon
- Full Time
As a Senior Design Researcher, you will be responsible for leading user research activities across our product portfolio. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and execute research studies that inform the design and development of products that meet user needs and business goals. You will have a deep understanding of user behavior and motivations and will be able to translate research findings into actionable insights that guide product strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create initial visual prototypes based on research.
- Plan and execute user research studies to inform product development, including user interviews, surveys, usability testing, and other qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Lead the synthesis of research findings into actionable insights that inform product strategy and design decisions.
- Develop user personas and journey maps that capture user needs, goals, and pain points across different stages of the user journey.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, engineers, and data scientists, to prioritize research needs and integrate research findings into product development.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in UX research and share your knowledge with the broader team.
- Mentor junior researchers and help to grow the UX research practice within the organization.
- Provide research, balancing the business and customer needs. Support project teams to define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects.
- Develop relationships across the business to collate existing data and insights to inform product strategy and areas of opportunity.
- 5+ years of experience conducting user research for digital products.
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, including user interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- An eye for design; experience in creating preliminary visual solutions based on research outcome.
- Strong knowledge of Figma
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Degree, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field.
It will be a plus:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing demands.
We design & build digital product experiences which delight, since 2012! Windmill is a product delivery company dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions, that resolve modern challenges.
We’re a global operation headquartered in Switzerland, celebrating and seeking diversity, with employees based in the UK, USA, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Ukraine and India. Interested in learning more? Take a look at our website: www.windmill.digital/about/
What We Offer
Firstly, we offer the chance to be part of an experience driven company, who put you firmly in the driver’s seat of your own development. Operating on a remote first principle, we give our employees the flexibility to work from where, when and how they like. As long as you meet the requirements of your role (OKR, responsibilities etc) and are available for key meetings, the how is up to you.
In addition to experience, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and tools
- Opportunities to work on meaningful products that make a difference in people’s lives
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now!
For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital