- Full Time
We are looking for a Project Manager to support our team in the definition, design and delivery of impactful software products. With our partners, we are launching MVPs of two propositions in early 2024 which aim to transform the mortgage lending and alternative investment markets for private clients. It is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to plunge into the workings of startup development and launch. It is an opportunity for the right individual to learn and to grow, while showing off their ability to bring some order and transparency to an often chaotic and agile environment, in a demanding but supportive and friendly environment. This position will work closely with and support the UK-based Windmill Principal who is overseeing both products.
Responsibilities: Stakeholder/Partner Collaboration
· Work closely with our partners from the initial project stages through delivery
· Manage partner communications
Project Planning and Reporting
· Define project scope, schedule, and roadmap with a focus on regular and timely delivery of value
· Perform delivery planning for the two products
· Prepare and distribute status reports, demos, and updates
Ongoing Process Management and Improvement
· Ensure teams follow agile best practices and workflows
· Organize and lead project status and working meetings with internal and stakeholder/partner teams
· Manage risks and issues and address deviations from plans
· Help resolve major issues so that each iteration is delivered successfully
· Focus on continuous improvement, ensuring the success of the products
· Hold teams accountable for their commitments and remove roadblocks to work
· Leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
· Empower the team and ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution
· Encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality
· A proven (5+ years) track record of successfully implementing product delivery using Agile methodologies in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
· Solid understanding of software discovery and development life cycle models as well as both Agile and traditional project management principles and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
· Prior experience working and communicating directly with clients and stakeholders with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence
· Experience in creating and managing project plans; prior success in driving the execution of project plans with teams in multiple time zones.
· Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
· Knowledge of Jira or other project management tools
· Balanced business/technical background: Sufficient level of technical background to credibly engage with teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues; Ability to collaborate with stakeholders and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
· Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· A critical component of the role is to be passionate about effective and transparent delivery of software products, taking a pro-active approach in all aspects.