- Full Time
We are seeking a talented and visionary Design Lead to elevate our creative endeavors and steer our design projects towards new heights. As the Design Lead, you will be responsible for providing design direction, fostering a culture of innovation, and guiding a team of designers to produce outstanding visual solutions.
Our team operates in close collaboration with global leaders, NGOs, international institutions, academia, research, and public administration. This partnership-driven approach empowers public-private cooperation and seeks innovative solutions to some of the world’s most complex challenges.
What’s in it for you?
As the Design Lead, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the direction of our design projects, leading a team of designers, and ensuring the successful execution of client engagements. Your expertise in UX design, leadership skills, and design excellence will contribute significantly to our company’s growth and success.
- 7+ years of experience in UX design
- Proven leadership in guiding design teams.
- Design Excellence: Your portfolio should showcase a range of innovative, user-centered design solutions that highlight your prowess in solving complex design challenges.
- Proactivity and Problem-Solving: Exhibit a proactive approach to solving intricate problems, a willingness to accept constructive criticism, and an ability to articulate design decisions.
- In-depth Understanding of Methodologies: Familiarity with methodologies such as Design Thinking & Human-Centered Design.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strategic Vision: Leverage your insights into design trends and industry developments to shape our product design strategies effectively.
- English Proficiency: Native or advanced level.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of designers.
- Develop design strategies aligned with business goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and engage with clients.
- Manage projects from concept to delivery.
- Create visually captivating designs across platforms.
- Conduct design sprints or workshops to collect and evaluate business goals and user needs
- Lead portfolio of products for professional collaboration
- Conduct UX audits of existing products to reveal gaps in UX
- Develop customer journey maps and flow-charts for the products
- Create wireframes, clickable prototypes, and new UI elements for products
- Deliver an outstanding user experience through an exceptional and intuitive application design
It will be a plus:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- Demonstrated customer/client relationship experience for a creative design agency
- Diverse strategic skill set, experience in both B2B and B2C
So, who are we?
Windmill design & build digital product experiences which delight, since 2012! We are a product delivery company dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions that resolve modern challenges.
With our global operation headquartered in Switzerland, celebrating and seeking diversity and teams based in the UK, USA, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Ukraine and India.
Interested in learning more? Take a look at our website: www.windmill.digital/about/
What We Offer
Firstly, we offer the chance to be part of an experience-driven company, who put you firmly in the driver’s seat of your own development. Operating on a remote first principle, we give our employees the flexibility to work from where, when, and how they like. If you meet the requirements of your role (OKR, responsibilities etc.) and are available for key meetings, the how is up to you.
In addition to experience, we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Working as part of a diverse, international team
- Interesting tasks and challenges, where you can be creative and take ownership
- Opportunities for career enhancement
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Think you would be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now!
For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital