- Full Time
Windmill is looking for Engineering Manager! Being an Engineering Manager in our Development Team is just like being a full-time problem solver. We expect your abilities to be a combination of experience, knowledge, and independence. If you were willing to take on the most complex tasks and be a master of your tech stack or language, then you are probably one of those unique we’re looking for. If you’re motivated, committed, and easy to work with – even better! Apply!
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Ensures that the team delivers high quality products and solutions by following the best practices, e.g. testing, observability, etc.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- Work closely with the WM recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- 10+ years of overall technology development experience
- 3+ years of experience in leading technology delivery with a view in end to end architectures and overseeing through delivery
- Expertise in working with both relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge and experience in cloud-native applications
- Experience in optimizing application for various NFR like scalability, performance, and security
- Experience of managing and mentoring team members
- Experience with Agile and Lean development
Would be a plus:
- Graduated with a degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Relevant technology certifications
So, who are we?
We design & build digital product experiences which delight, since 2012! Windmill is a product delivery company dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions, that resolve modern challenges.
We’re a global operation headquartered in Switzerland, celebrating and seeking diversity, with employees based in the UK, USA, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Ukraine and India. Interested in learning more? Take a look at our website: www.windmill.digital/about/
.. and what do we offer?
Firstly, we offer the chance to be part of an experience driven company, who put you firmly in the driver’s seat of your own development. Operating on a remote first principle, we give our employees the flexibility to work from where, when and how they like. As long as you meet the requirements of your role (OKR, responsibilities etc.) and are available for key meetings, the how is up to you.
In addition to experience, we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Working as part of a diverse, international team
- Interesting tasks and challenges, where you can be creative and take ownership
- Opportunities for career enhancement
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now!
For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital