- Switzerland | Baar
- Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee the general accounting operations of our Switzerland-registered companies, ensuring that accounts and financial records meet established standards and criteria. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for controlling and verifying financial transactions, reconciling account balances and bank statements, and maintaining the general ledger. The person will also prepare month-end close procedures and ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks.
- Oversee accounting and taxation activities, including reviewing daily operations, bookkeeping, and preparation of reports for submission to the tax authority.
- Manage monthly salary, registration and deregistration of employees, and yearly declaration regarding salaries. Have knowledge of Employment and Contractors (especially permits in CH, withholding tax, and hiring outside of CH).
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP principles.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present the results.
- Prepare financial statements and budgets according to schedule.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Support the month-end and year-end close process.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Work with companies’ bank accounts and prepare payment orders.
- Identify errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process.
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Work on a set of Ad-hoc tasks on an internal and global level.
- Perform operational tasks.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related major, Financial or Accounting Certificates confirming knowledge of GAAP principles.
- At least 5 years of previous successful experience in the accounting department as an accountant or chief accountant.
- Local Corporate Taxation knowledge, and solid knowledge in reporting.
- Accounting Software skills (Abacus, etc.), strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Logical mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and assertiveness.
- A high degree of autonomy.
- Advanced level of English.
We design & build digital product experiences which delight. Windmill is a product delivery company dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions that resolve modern challenges. Our clients range from start-ups to multinational banks and corporations. And we build our own products too as part of Windmill Ventures.
We’re a global operation headquartered in Switzerland, with employees based in the UK, USA, Portugal, Ukraine, and India.
What we offer
- Working as part of a diverse, international team
- Interesting tasks and challenges, where you can be creative and take ownership
- Opportunities for career enhancement
- Regular reviews supported by our HR team aligned with promotional cycles
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV and have a chat with one of the team.
For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital