Chief of Staff – Windmill Ventures
- Romania | Bucharest
- Full Time
Windmill Ventures’ (www.windmill.ventures) vision is to be a leading force in building and growing innovative digital ventures that create a positive impact on society. We strive to empower exceptional founders and entrepreneurs with our expertise, network, and resources to develop and scale their ventures for maximum impact.
The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in driving this vision forward by supporting and collaborating with the leadership team, optimizing organizational processes, and leading strategic business initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in a business management role, preferably within the venture or start-up arena, with a focus on strategic direction, operations, and overall collaboration.
Objectives of the role:
- Manage the entire Windmill Ventures business, from setting up a venture fund to managing it and the ventures it invests in, supporting their growth, and managing our internal ventures.
- Support our growth in India, ensuring that our investments are aligned with our long-term goals and objectives.
- Provide support and guidance to the Windmill Ventures leadership team and help them make key decisions that will drive the growth and success of our business.
- Collaborate with the executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies and drive the execution of these strategies.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert, handling inquiries, developing action plans, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
- Provide support and oversight for special projects and initiatives, ensuring that they are aligned with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Oversee daily operations in collaboration with senior managers, and perform administrative tasks such as managing schedules, scheduling meetings, and planning travel.
- Identify and define key performance indicators and how to measure team performance, and work with leadership to deliver, monitor, and communicate progress towards goals.
- Assess risk, identify and help solve core problems or opportunities within business processes, and provide senior leaders with insight and analysis on the company’s operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead meetings and workshops, and identify and provide recommendations on improvements across the organization.
- Manage the entire venture fund, from setting up to raising capital, sourcing deals, and providing operational support to the ventures in the portfolio.
- Manage and support Windmill’s internal ventures and ensure that they are aligned with our overall business strategy.
- Support our growth in India by sourcing deals and providing operational support to our portfolio companies in the region.
- Seven or more years of experience in a business management or executive role.
- Demonstrable success in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration or a similar field.
- Experience in data analysis and budget management.
- Consulting experience, with a focus on operations management.
- Experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
- Ability to identify issues and develop creative solutions.
- Strong project-reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communications.
It will be a plus:
Venture, incubator, or start-up experience and building Ventures.
About Windmill Ventures:
Windmill Ventures is a venture builder and accelerator that invests in and builds visionary startups in the longevity, wellness, well-being, preventive health care, and wealth tech industries. We empower exceptional founders by providing them with expertise and time in exchange for equity, allowing them to build impactful digital experiences. Our mission is to unlock the potential growth of mid-stage startups with a proven core business model and to provide them with the support they need to scale and succeed. Headquartered in Switzerland, we have a global presence with team members based in the UK, USA, Portugal, Germany, Ukraine, and India. Our diverse, international team is dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions that resolve
What We Offer:
At Windmill Ventures, we believe in empowering our employees to take control of their own development. As Chief of Staff, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from our seasoned leadership team while also charting your own career path.
In addition to exciting opportunities for career growth and development, we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexibility to work from anywhere, anytime, as long as you are available for key meetings and meet the requirements of your role
- A dynamic and diverse international team, with members from around the globe
- Interesting and challenging projects that allow you to be creative and take ownership
- Regular performance reviews with support from our HR team
- Opportunities for continued learning and career enhancement
- A commitment to workplace diversity and equal opportunity for all employees.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now!