Senior Java Developer
- Multiple Countries
- Full Time
Why join Windmill Digital?
Founded by Sunny Gambhir in 2012, Windmill Digital is a digital product delivery company headquartered in Switzerland. Our team of experienced designers, strategists, and engineers love to deliver impactful digital experiences. We design and develop high-quality digital products for enterprises and start-ups in industries such as banking, finance, healthcare, media, retail, and compliance. We have successfully built over 150 products for our range of clients. Delivering exceptional user experience is everything to us, and therefore our clients trust our craft and experience in product design, management, and delivery. Our company mainly operates in the USA, Europe, Ukraine, UK, and India.
We love out-of-the-box ideas, and our team of design thinkers and software developers never fail to impress. We aim to create digital products that meet top industry standards but also impact people’s lives positively.
Windmill Digital is part of a larger group which comprises of a ventures arm. Windmill Ventures has built and launched multiple products which include Topaz Digital, Nilaya Care, Nilaya Digital, and Audra
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in and/or driving architectural discussions for new applications.
- Write code using Java best practices/patterns, considering various non-functional requirements (NFR) like security, performance, scalability, and high availability.
- Participate in estimation processes.
- Stay abreast of the latest back-end technologies and patterns and proactively find ways to apply them to the business problem.
- Collaborate closely with the specialists in front-end development, testing, and analytics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development.
- Deep knowledge and minimum of 5 years’ experience in Java and J2EE technologies.
- Strong development experience using Microservices architecture.
- Extensive experience in Java technology frameworks including Spring Boot, JUnit, JDBC, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Experience with designing and developing microservices-based, linearly scalable applications
- Experience in cloud technology preferably Azure.
- Good to have knowledge of GraphQL (optional).
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong in fundamentals like Data structures, Algorithm & Problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in the full project life cycle including defining requirements, evaluating alternatives, designing, developing, and implementing solutions.
- Strong experience with REST API and web services.
- Experience managing and mentoring team members.
- Good team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Experience with UNIT and integration testing using JUnit.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English language proficiency.
Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- ·Competitive compensation.
- ·Opportunities for enhancement.
- ·Multi-cultural work environment.
- ·Remote work opportunities.
Values and Culture:
These values guide us, inspire us, keep us happy and help us to do the best work of our lives. We welcome those who share our values.
- Act with passion.
- Taking ownership.
- Be honest and transparent.
- Trust in the team
- Keep an open mind
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now! For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital