Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Portugal | Lisbon
- Full Time
Windmill is looking for a Chief Technology Officer to lead the company’s product development strategy, vision, and execution. The CTO will use their broad technical and operational expertise to play a transformative role leading the full range of technology and product development initiatives at the company.
The role requires technology leadership across two exciting Windmill entities:
A fast-growing digital product delivery company solving problems and enabling new opportunities for enterprises and start-ups in complex industries, such as banking & finance, healthcare and compliance.
A growing portfolio of cutting-edge digital products designed, delivered and owned by the company
It is an opportunity for a motivated, entrepreneurial-minded, hands-on senior technologist to make a real impact, directly contributing to, and sharing in, company growth and success. The CTO will report directly to the company Founder.
- Driving and overseeing architecture and technical designs for project and product venture teams
- Developing team maturity in terms of quality with respect to architecture and technical design and coding practices
- Effectively managing, inspiring and mentoring the teams in multiple locations to ensure exceptional performance, to cultivate technical talent, and to support the company’s culture and goals
- Identify talent gaps and engage in the interviewing, recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of key technologists
- Enhancing and defining the processes and procedures for the productivity and quality of the projects/venture products and development teams
- Evaluating emerging technologies and industry trends and applying them to enhance the projects and teams
- External technology face of the company: Participating in architectural discussions with clients and representing the company at industry and client events.
- A deep understanding of architectural methodologies and design patterns. Tech Stack / Frameworks / Cloud / Architecture patterns we are working on at present:
- Microservices / Micro frontends
- Frontend – Angular.js / React
- Backend – Java / Nodejs
- Cloud – Azure / AWS
- Mobile – iOS / Android / Flutter
- Credible experience as CTO / Principal Technologist / VP Technology role while delivering a financial product to market
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering leadership roles
- Able to adapt to changing architecture trends, models and patterns
- Successful experience growing, managing, mentoring, and leading cross-functional, geographically dispersed engineering teams of 50+ individual
- Highest level of English language proficiency and communication skills (written, visual and verbal)
Would be a plus:
- Familiar with or experience developing MXDP platforms
So, who are we?
We design & build digital product experiences which delight, since 2012! Windmill is a product delivery company dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions, that resolve modern challenges.
We’re a global operation headquartered in Switzerland, celebrating and seeking diversity, with employees based in the UK, USA, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Ukraine and India. Interested in learning more? Take a look at our website: www.windmill.digital/about/
.. and what do we offer?
Firstly, we offer the chance to be part of an experience driven company, who put you firmly in the driver’s seat of your own development. Operating on a remote-first principle, we give you the flexibility to work from where, when and how you like. As long as you meet the requirements of your role (OKR, responsibilities etc.) and are available for key meetings, the how is up to you.
In addition, you get:
- Competitive compensation and benefits which can grow as the business grows
- Lead a diverse, international team
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now!
For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital.