Ruby On Rails Developer
- Multiple Countries
- Full Time
Why join Windmill Digital?
Founded by Sunny Gambhir in 2012, Windmill Digital is a digital product delivery company headquartered in Switzerland. Our team of experienced designers, strategists, and engineers love to deliver impactful digital experiences. We design and develop high-quality digital products for enterprises and start-ups in industries such as banking, finance, healthcare, media, retail, and compliance. We have successfully built over 150 products for our range of clients. Delivering exceptional user experience is everything to us, and therefore our clients trust our craft and experience in product design, management, and delivery. Our company mainly operates in the USA, Europe, Ukraine, UK, and India.
We love out-of-the-box ideas, and our team of design thinkers and software developers never fail to impress. We aim to create digital products that meet top industry standards but also impact people’s lives positively.
Windmill Digital is part of a larger group that also comprises a ventures arm. Windmill Ventures has built and launched multiple products which include Topaz Digital, Nilaya Care, Nilaya Digital, and Audra.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as Ruby Developer
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Experience with popular web application frameworks such as Rails, Lotus, etc.
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with command-suite libraries.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience in cloud technology preferably Azure.
- Experience managing and mentoring team members.
- Good team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English language proficiency.
As a plus:
- Familiarity with Node.js and Nest.js
- Experience with TypeORM
- Experience with Heroku services
Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for enhancement.
- Multi-cultural work environment.
- Remote work opportunities.
Values and Culture:
These values guide us, inspire us, keep us happy and help us to do the best work of our lives. We welcome those who share our values.
- Act with passion.
- Taking ownership.
- Be honest and transparent.
- Trust in the team
- Keep an open mind
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now! For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital