Ruby On Rails Developer
- Poland | Warsaw
- Full Time
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join our development team and support them in the product delivery of impactful products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as Ruby Developer
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Experience with popular web application frameworks such as Rails, Lotus, etc.
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with command-suite libraries.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience in cloud technology preferably Azure.
- Experience managing and mentoring team members.
- Good team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Upper-Intermediate level of English language proficiency.
It will be a plus:
- Familiarity with Node.js and Nest.js
- Experience with TypeORM
- Experience with Heroku services
Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
So, who are we?
We design & build digital product experiences that delight, since 2012! Windmill is a product delivery company dedicated to delivering impactful digital products and solutions, that resolve modern challenges.
We’re a global operation headquartered in Switzerland, celebrating and seeking diversity, with employees based in the UK, USA, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, Ukraine and India. Interested in learning more? Take a look at our website: www.windmill.digital/about/
.. and what do we offer?
Firstly, we offer the chance to be part of an experience-driven company, that puts you firmly in the driver’s seat of your own development. Operating on a remote first principle, we give our employees the flexibility to work where, when, and how they like. As long as you meet the requirements of your role (OKR, responsibilities, etc) and are available for key meetings, the how is up to you.
In addition to experience, you get:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Working as part of a diverse, international team
- Interesting tasks and challenges, where you can be creative and take ownership
- Opportunities for career enhancement
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on the team
Equal opportunities at Windmill
Windmill Digital is an equal opportunities employer that strongly believes in workplace diversity. We consider all applicants regardless of their age, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send us your CV now!
For more information, please visit our company website: https://www.windmill.digital